Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy New Year

We had such a great holiday season. I love spending time with family and participating in "traditional" activities. We spent Christmas Eve at Rick's parents. We always have such a great dinner and it is always followed up with a program. Our little family sang "Rudolph". Rick played his saxophone and Brody and Amber were supposed to help with the vocals, but it was just me that you could hear. We all know how well I can sing. (Your blue might be gray....) The kids then acted out the nativity while Grandpa read the story and Brody was a shepherd. Of course my little "Linus" had to have his blanket incorporated into his costume attire. I'm not sure how reverent he was, especially using his shepherd's cane (a wrapping paper roll) to poke the Baby Jesus in the manger and the wiseman. We of course ended the night with our Christmas Eve jammies and hit the hay.
Christmas morning was wonderful. We were very spoiled by all those who gave us gifts. Santa aka Amie came all the way from Bahrain to deliver Brody's perfect gift............... an airplane.

Brody was even excited about his church clothes.
On a separate note, I just want to let you know how much I love you all and how grateful I am for all the family and friends that are a part of my life. 2008 was such a great year for us and we just feel so blessed. May 2009 be so wonderful to all of you and may all your dreams and desires come true.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great holiday! Your such a cute mom and Rudolph.lol. What is Amie doing in Bahrain- goodness that's along ways away isn't it?

Nicole said...

I almost cried reading your post (okay keep in mind I am 9 months pregnant and very emotional.) I think I miss not being there for Christmas and being with everyone more now than I actually did on Christmas day! Looks like it was great, we missed being with everyone!!

Staci said...

I love the pj's!