Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Think I'm Done!!

Well, I believe the canning is over for me for the year. About 20 jars of pickles, dill and sweet; 10 jars of peaches; 30 jars of jam; and finally 25 jars of salsa. I have had so much fun learning how to can this year. I kind of feel like a real Mormon :) It has been fun to grow things and to can them and to look back at the shelves in my pantry and think, "Wow. I did that." My garden was thoroughly destroyed by the grasshoppers. I couldn't even bear to go out there and look. It just made me sick once they started to come. It made me reflect on the Pioneers, not the Lehi Pioneers, but the real Pioneers (he he). For us our garden has been just a supplement to what we purchase at the store, but for them it was everything. I was tempted to pray for seaguls. Here's to the last canning of the season.





2 comments:

Julie said...

I love that you did that much canning! Whenever I do something like this I feel a connection to Grandma Mangum and my other ancestors. I feel like it's the olden days or something! Anyway--good job. What a great thing. I noticed you have a Vitamix--I have one as well and have been into green smoothies lately--YUM!!

Unknown said...

Ashlee, it sounds like you have been busy, trying to potty train Brody. I hope things are good for you. You have to teach me how to can salsa sometime. Talk to you later. I love you