Thursday, July 24, 2008

GETTING CAUGHT UP

Well, I've neglected my little blog for a time, so this is my "getting caught up" blog. Hang on, it's going to be long.....
A couple weeks ago, I had a deposition in Yarnell, which is about an hour from Prescott. Rick decided to come with me, so we made it a family affair and he and Brody walked around the rainy little town and took pictures while I worked and then we headed to Wickenburg to visit our old bishop. We had a great visit and a wonderful day.
I have a little addiction that I succumb to occasionally. Okay. It's a little more than occasionally, but it's really fun. I love to play radio contest games. You know, call in if you know the answer to this trivia question, be the fifth caller, et cetera. Well, over the years I've won tickets to concerts, free dinners, cds. money, board games. It's fun. Well, a little while ago I won tickets to the circus and so a couple weekends ago, we headed to see "The Greatest Show On Earth." It really was a great show and it was fun to watch Brody watch the animals. We went last year, but he had a hard time sitting still. This year was completely different. He loved the elephants and the dogs. He was mesmerized by the tight rope walkers, but he mostly loved the sno-cone that his dad bought him. He was squealing so loud when they were heading back to our seats. He couldn't wait to eat it and it got everywhere. He is a crack up.

I don't know about you, but I am the queen of starting projects. I was talking to my sister the other day and I was telling her of this list that I started of projects that I want to finish for Christmas. She said, "It's July and you already know what you're doing?" Yes, it's true. I love projects. I wish I was faster at them, though. I started painting Brody's room the weekend of Thanksgiving, last year. The painting only took me the weekend, but to finish the quilt and the curtains and the deco -- well, let's just say I'm slow. I just finished everything about a month ago. I should have taken sewing from Mrs. Patten, but I didn't. So, here is the finished product. (This is mostly for my dad ;)

If you look close, my little princess Tug is making herself at home and would not move for the picture.

Brody loves Curious George. If you ever watch this cartoon, Brody is George's double. Into trouble in a second.

Another little project I've been doing in my house is turning our under the stair storage into a little playhouse for Brody. We originally built it to store Halloween decorations and Christmas decorations, but it soon became too small because I'm an addict for Holiday decorations. It's kind of fun because you open our hallway coat closet and behind the coats there is a door and then you walk back and around to this little area. Anyway, I had a little helper and we soon accomplished our goal. Brody kept saying "stinks here", meaning the paint fumes. It probably wasn't very safe to have him in this little closet painting. Oops.


While we were in there painting, Tug and Oberon were barking like crazy. I was a little annoyed because I had just let them out and didn't want to get out of the closet until we were finished painting because I knew letting Brody help would not be a clean process, as I'm sure you can tell from the pictures. Well, after about ten minutes I found out why she was barking. A huge tarantula!! Brody's words exactly were "Cooooooool." That's my Brodster!!

Well, here's the playhouse. (Again, this is for my dad ;)


Hope you all had a Happy Pioneer Day!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ashlee, you did a great job in Brody's room it is really cute. You are such a great mom! Brody is very lucky to have a great MOM!

katie said...

i love, love, love your obsession with projects because i am a project additict too. there is nothing better than the feeling you get after you've accomplished something!
i love brody's room but especially love the color..."pottery barn green" as i call it since that is the same color that i painted carter's room. instead of george, his decor is john deere/trucks/lawn-mowers!
you and i just have great taste, huh?!?
...and yes...even though i took mrs.patten's sewing class, i should have paid better attention :)

jeannine said...

I love your blog and Brody's room looks great. Did Rick change his mind on painting the walls? Take care.

Anonymous said...

What a lucky little boy to have such a cute playroom and bedroom... Ashlee your amazing

Nicole said...

Everything turned out great... funny I was thinking about that Curious George quilt not long ago and wondering how it turned out. You did a great job! Where did you get the mini card table and chairs like my moms, I've been looking for one.