Sunday, August 17, 2008

Home Alone

Have you ever just had four days to do whatever you wanted? Well, with the exception of a day of work, when Rick and Brody were gone to the Reunion, that is what I had. I made a huge long list of everything that I was going to accomplish and of course my list was way too long, but I did get a lot done. I got caught up with all my transcripts. I tackled the task of painting the entire railing all around our wrap around porch. I even got some fun cute projects done that I have been putting off for a while.



This is just a cork board that I covered with batting and material, stapled it together with a staple gun, ran the ribbons across and attached the buttons. Cute with Christmas fabric for Christmas cards, too.


These blocks were actually a Enrichment activity that I signed up for but couldn't attend . Super Easy. By the time Sunday rolled around, I was so ready for my little family to come home. It was nice to listen to Fast and Testimony Meeting, but I really missed my family. That afternoon, I had just let my dogs outside and Oberon, my usually quiet dog, was going crazy with the barking. Well, I came downstairs to check on them and they were standing on the front porch barking at something behind Brody's bin of toys on the porch. I opened up the sliding glass door and it sounded like a bunch of insects humming outside. I looked over and it was a rattlesnake!! I yelled at my dogs to get in the house and behind that bin of toys was a Mohave Greenback (which I later found out are pretty serious snakes). Anyway, I ended up calling my home teacher and he came up and chopped its head off with a shovel. I was a little freaked out. While I was waiting for my HT, I called my sister in Utah. My crazy little niece's suggestion was to get a shotgun and shoot it. Thanks Ky! LOL but the only gun we own in this house is a glue gun. Let's just say I was glad that Rick was coming home the next day. I always look forward to alone time and I was super productive, but I know I missed out on a great reunion and I really missed my family. Anyway, here are a few of the scrapbooking pages I completed while they were gone. Enjoy!





1 comment:

Nicole said...

Okay, so will you make a scrapbook for me?? Your pages look great! Whose the little boy with the HUGE mouth in the lower right corner? Hehe. We'll have to get together to scrapbook when I am home in October! (I'm going to be there for 4 weeks!) My mom told me about the rattlesnake, I would have had a heart attack! I almost croaked when I had a scorpion in the house. The blocks are super cute, how big are they?