Sunday, June 22, 2008

Do girls have cooties??



What a crazy week this has been. Wednesday afternoon, Brody woke up from his nap with a fever. There weren't any other symptoms, i.e., runny nose, cough or anything like that, but he was very irritable. It is now Sunday, and he doesn't really have the fever anymore, but now he has this rash. After talking to the nurseline, our brother-in-law, and a little self-research on the internet, it seems he has some virus that manifests itself with a fever, breaks suddenly, and then breaks out in a rash. "Hold me Mamma," has been all that he has wanted for the last few days and it has been crazy trying to get things done. It's hard enough when they are well and you are trying to figure out what they are trying to tell you, but it is even harder when they are sick. I just feel so bad for him. We'll probably start the week off with a doctor visit, oh well. Kids aren't supposed to get sick in the summer; right?? No more kissing girls! That picture was actually taken at a birthday party a few weeks ago. Brody is such a ladies man :)


On a separate note, due to all my cuddle time with my snuggles, I had a lot of down time and so after sitting in the rocker with Brody for about a half hour, I decided to call a friend that I hadn't talked to in a very long time. I had actually found her, as well as Katie (the best note-writer in the 9th grade, LOL) through the blogging world, and looked up her phone number and gave her a call. It was so good to visit with her and to find out about the "going ons" in her life. We had such a good visit and I just think the world of her. It made me realize how I need to be better at keeping in touch with all my friends. It's amazing how easy it is to fall out of touch with people when there was a time we were inseparable and did everything together. After our visit, she blogged about the experience and challenged everyone to get in touch with an old friend. As a result, I am extending that same challenge to all of you. You never know how you may brighten someone's day. So, in honor of my friend, and for a little blast from my past, here are some fun pictures. LOL Mandee!! I miss you!


So.....to all of my friends out there, new and old, I'm grateful to you and your support, your friendship and your love. THANKS.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashlee...its McKell. So I have to tell you I was at work this morning totally trying to waste time so I started "blog Stalking" and I found Mandee's blog...then I read her post about you and found your blog... I had to say HI. I am living in Cedar Fort now (lol) I always drive past your house and think of you and all your sister- sounds like you are doing well- lets keep in touch.

Nicole said...

What a great challenge, it is crazy how we let old friends fall through the cracks isn't it. I must say though that I have caught up with quite a few old friends through blogging which has been a lot of fun!! I'll let you know how my friend finding goes! We miss you and I hope Brody feels better soon!

Unknown said...

Nice pics!! I actually was going through my old photos and stumbled across the funny halloween picture!! I laugh every time I see it, we were so funny together. How time flies. Miss you babe gald you found me. I am glad that you extended the challenge to find some old friends. good on ya!!

Tiffany said...

I hope that Brody is feeling better. I love connecting with old friends- that is why I love blogging! Plus I love the updates that are a lot more often than you send out mass emails!

katie said...

"the best note writer of the 9th grade", huh?!? FINE...I will accept the title gladly cause I was a pro at it, wasn't I! lol
I actually just went to din with a friend from college and wrote a post about it too. How funny is that? I still talk to the girls from highschool randomly here and there and we have great laughs about the old days!
I am sooooo glad that you found me and said something...blogstalking can be so fun can't it!!!

Shawna said...

I took you up on your challenge and called a friend that I haven't talked to in about 5 years. She wasn't home,I was disappointed. The next night she called me and said that she was in town and could we get together. It was so fun catching up with each other. Thanks!!!