Thursday, June 12, 2008

Making Jam with My Little Man




This year for my birthday, my mother-in-law gave me canning supplies (I asked for them). And so, earlier this week I decided to start with something easy, so Brody and I tackled the task and made some jam. He was a great help. I really don't consider myself domestic and I've never done it before; but after I got started, I couldn't believe how easy it was. It didn't take very long and I really felt good about my little accomplishment. After Rick's bike ride this morning, he came back and made pancakes and I topped mine with a little strawberry jam. Delicious!!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I am impressed! I love making jam- it always seems to disapear faster than the store bouht jam. You are a domestic diva!

Natalie said...

your such a good mom to let brodie help. Thanks so much for the conversation last night. It put a lot of things into perspective. I'll see you next week.

Unknown said...

Ashlee,
Turn on your phone.

Rick

Unknown said...

Ashlee, I am so glad the Brody is my nephew! You are so blessed to have him and someday you will find another little one that will fit in our family. I love you Ashlee

Anjalee

Claudine Cable said...

Ashlee, I love your blog and especially your pictures. Brody is certainly growing up and he is still so handsome. I look at all the things he has been able to do with you and Rick and am so grateful for the blessing you two are to him. The experiences he has with you are wonderful. You are a great Mom. And the jam looks delicious. Love, cc